This is about rock argentino. It's also personal.
Upon calibrating my ipod for second semester, my computer told me that I've listened to one Fito Paez song, Eso que llevas ahi, no fewer than two-hundred-and-sixty-some-times. I'm not going to do the math, to calculate how many days of my life have been spent listening to that song. I'm also never going to listen to it again, ever. It's like that episode of Sarah Silverman with Two Princes- it's horrifying to realize that someone you love is stuck on a cheesey love song from 15 years ago, and even worse when that someone is you.
So now I'm on Andres Calamaro. Thank you, Clau.
This song is reminds me of that neighborhood north of Congreso that I dream about sometimes, the lower east side of my memory, this place I can't find any more. Despues, que importa del despues! As I was getting off the bus the other day, turning the ipod off, I absentmindedly repeated some lyrics from this song aloud, then laughed to myself. See, I'm adapting!
Finally, there's this song with Diego Maradona. I think this was Calamaro's genius:
"hoy me puse mi mejor traje aunque no habia nunguna fiesta
la verdad, todavia te quiero, no me importa lo que te paresca
Ahora voy a poner mi sombrero, pero emborracharme primero
pero no se me da la bebiba, tengo otra aflicion preferida
voy a durar hasta la entrada de la manana
voy a durar hasta que cierra la cantina
y si nadie me quiere en argentina
voy a volver a san cristobal de las casas."
Exactly.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario